Our daily life is often associated with different kinds of discomfort. One can deal with these tribulations that include headaches, asthma, migraines, allergies or insomnia utilizing orthodox medication or any of a variety of alternative approaches. One approach that provides a means to both understand and then eliminate the true cause of these troubles, is “Bach Flower Essences.”
The philosophy behind the Bach Flower Essences is that disease is a way for our body to tell us that we are doing something that goes against our nature or our personality involving either our own worldly desires or the persuasion of others. This conflict is the cause of disease and unhappiness in the words of Dr. Edward Bach.
Dr. Bach was a renowned physician in London who in 1930 gave up his practice to devote himself to the search for a new method of healing. Bach thought of illness as the result of a conflict between the purpose of the soul and the personality’s actions and outlook. This internal war, according to Bach, leads to negative moods and to energy blocking that causes a lack of “harmony” resulting in physical diseases.
What he evolved was a series of 38 “essences” comprised of very dilute solutions made from spring water, an alcohol preservative and parts of specific flowers. In treating patients, Dr. Bach looked at the patient’s emotional health and not the disease. He then chose an “essence” that he deemed to correspond with the patient’s emotional outlook on life, allowing them to be in harmony with themselves and their nature and therefore regain health.
Rather than using research based on scientific methods, Bach derived his flower remedies intuitively based on his perceived psychic connections to the plants. If Bach felt a negative emotion he would hold his hand over different plants and if one alleviated the emotion, he would ascribe the power to heal that emotional problem to that plant. He believed that early morning sunlight passing through dew drops on flower petals transferred the healing power of the flower onto the water, so he collected the dew drops from the plants and preserved the dew with an equal amount of brandy to produce a mother tincture which would be further diluted before use. Later, he found that the amount of dew he could collect was not sufficient so he suspended flowers in spring water and allowed the sun’s rays to pass through them.
Bach Flower Essences are not used to treat physical disease. Each of Dr. Bach’s remedies is intended primarily for a specific emotional and spiritual condition. They can be used to help resolve fear and anxiety, anger, grief and many other emotions; in various combinations, an untold number of sensitive states can be balanced.
Here are the 38 remedies promulgated by Dr. Bach:
- Agrimony for people who put a brave face on their troubles
- Aspen for people who are anxious or afraid but don’t know why
- Beech for people who are intolerant and critical of others
- Centaury for people who allow others to impose on them
- Cerato for people who doubt their own judgment
- Cherry Plum for uncontrolled, irrational thoughts and the fear of doing something awful
- Chestnut bud for people who repeat mistakes and don’t learn from experience
- Chicory for over-possessive, selfish people who cling to their loved ones
- Clematis for day-dreamers
- Crab Apple for those who dislike something about the way they look and as a general cleanser
- Elm for responsible, capable people who in a crisis doubt their ability to cope
- Gentian for people disheartened when something goes wrong
- Gorse for people who have lost hope, often without cause
- Heather for talkative types who are obsessed with their own problems
- Holly for negative feelings of hatred, envy, jealousy and suspicion
- Honeysuckle for people who live in the past
- Hornbeam for mental tiredness at the thought of a coming task
- Impatiens for impatience and irritation at other people’s slowness
- Larch for fear of failure and lack of confidence
- Mimulus for people who are afraid of something real that they can name
- Mustard for gloom and depression with no known cause
- Oak for strong, indefatigable people who can over-extend themselves by trying too hard
- Olive for people physically drained by exertion or illness
- Pine for those who blame themselves when things go wrong
- Red chestnut for excessive worry about the welfare of loved ones
- Rock Rose for extreme fright and terror
- Rock Water for people whose self-discipline and high standards are carried to excess
- Scleranthus for people who find it hard to choose between possible courses of action
- Star of Bethlehem for sudden frights and shock
- Sweet Chestnut for utter despair and anguish
- Vervain for enthusiastic people who are always on the go
- Vine for domineering people
- Walnut to help protect against outside influences and the effects of change
- Water Violet for private, reserved people who can appear proud and arrogant
- White Chestnut for persistent worrying thoughts
- Wild Oat for people unable to find a direction for their lives
- Wild Rose for people who resign themselves without complaint or effort to everything life throws at them
- Willow for people who are full of self-pity, resentment and bitterness
The best know flower remedy is the Rescue Remedy combination that contains an equal amount each of 5 separate remedies. The product is aimed at treating stress, anxiety and panic attacks especially in emergencies.
Numerous research studies have shown how stress can have a negative impact on the immune system. Anything that we do to reduce or relieve stress has the potential to positively affect our immune system and thus aid in maintaining physical –and emotional –health. This seems to be a perfect argument to apply to the veracity of Bach Flower Essences. These “magical” potions are easily obtainable from any health food store or on line.
About the Center for the New Age
Spirit guided us to this special place which centuries earlier was used by ancient people as a ceremonial site. We were guided by Spirit to open the Center at this place which is now the heart of spirituality in Sedona.
We’ve searched the globe and pulled the most accurate Psychics and Healers and amazing Massage-Therapists from all over the world who have come here to be part of this special community, whose energy makes them even more psychic. Their services are offered at the Center daily and by phone at (928) 282-2085.
Center for the New Age
341 State Route 179
across from Tlaquepaque
Sedona, AZ 86336-6111